Want to be part of the future of esports performance coaching?
Then consider this. Gscience is looking to add more elite esports performance coaches to our world-class multidisciplinary team. If you are passionate about tackling poor physical and mental health across the industry and want the chance to work with some of the best esports athletes in the world, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
At a glance
- Remote Opportunity
- Work with the world’s best esports athletes and top level teams
- Build medium to long term performance plans for gamers which allow them maintain an optimal performance state throughout their gaming career
- Develop your coaching repertoire by working alongside a multidisciplinary team of sports psychologists, exercise physiologists, sports scientists, experts in dietetics, experienced gamers and health & lifestyle coaches
- Create informative and engaging content to help educate and empower the entire gaming/esports industry
- Help develop our Athlete Intelligence & Analytics Platform, Optimal
- Be a pivotal part of our growing community
We are looking for bilingual Esports Performance Coaches with a passion for tackling poor physical and mental health across the gaming industry. This will be a remote, flexible and on-going freelance contract opportunity.
Gscience is an award-winning esports performance company offering high performance coaching and analytics platforms that optimise athlete health and unlock gaming potential. Working with leading esports teams across the world, we utilise our collective expertise in traditional sports, esports and science to redefine the limits of esports performance.
By encouraging positive behavioural change through our evidence based methods, we achieve our goal of empowering gamers to take control of their health, their gaming performance and their careers. Our team of performance coaches are committed to increasing physical and mental health standards industry-wide and to providing insight, education and expertise to all those interested in creating happier, healthier gamers.
What we are looking for?
Experience of working as a Performance Coach in either traditional sport, esports or other related industries. The Performance Coach will be responsible for creating, monitoring and updating performance programs for esports teams and individual gamers.
The ideal candidate should have experience using and applying athlete monitoring systems (or similar), such that they will easily transition to the use of our Athlete Intelligence & Analytics Platform, Optimal.
Successful candidates will be expected to play a role in the continued development and applications of Optimal so that our service continues to be cutting edge. An in-depth knowledge of the sports technology industry will therefore be an important aspect of this role.
Gscience has global client base. As such, Performance Coaches who are bilingual will be highly desirable.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be required. Building trusting, respectful relationships whilst empowering and motivating gamers to make positive lifestyle and performance related changes to their lives are critical characteristics of our Performance Coaches.
The Performance Coach role is remote and will be provided with contract opportunities on a ‘demand required basis’.
Essential: In Your Loadout
- Undergraduate Sports Science related subject (e.g. physiology, psychology, nutrition, strength & conditioning).
- Minimum 3+ years of coaching experience in traditional sports and/or esports with both teams and individuals.
- Hold accreditation by an acknowledged professional body.
- Understanding and experience of theories of learning, models of behavioural change and other core coaching skills.
- Experience conducting health and lifestyle assessments.
- Experience designing, monitoring and updating training programmes based on clients needs and progression.
- A desire to make a positive change to gamers health, performance and lifestyle.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility to work within a multidisciplinary team, a proactive approach to work and a desire to continuously improve.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
Desirable: Extra Ammo
- Professional proficiency in multiple languages.
- A further degree qualification in data analytics, physiotherapy or psychology.
- A sports massage qualification or qualification in other complementary or holistic therapies (e.g mindfulness or meditation)
- Experience using, managing and interpreting data from traditional athlete monitoring systems.
- Experience conducting independent scientific research.
- Entrepreneurial experience is preferred but not required.
- Love to play video games!
Please send the following to email@example.com as your application:
- CV / Resume
- 2 minute Video Cover Letter (Be as creative as you like!)
- 2 References (Up-to-date)
For more information, please contact Jamie Kiff (Co-founder & Chief Scientific Officer): firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay ahead of the game. Work with Gscience.
Who will I be working with?
- We will provide you with opportunities to work with professional individuals and teams as demand requires.
- These could be recurring, part time or one-off opportunities.
What are some of the benefits of working with Gscience?
We pride ourselves on providing a healthy, productive and fun working environment for all. Some of the benefits you can expect from us are:
- Remote working with esports teams and gamers around the world
- The opportunity to have your say in building the world's first athlete monitoring system in esports
- Get exclusive access to our Performance channel in discord where you will be able to learn and interact with some of the best practitioners in the game
- Personal promotion/exposure to our global audience
- Flexible working hours
- Team building events & adventures
- Weekly/Monthly game nights & watch parties
You will have the freedom to implement your ideas and will be recognised and rewarded for your achievements. Gscience is committed to equal opportunity and does not discriminate on ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Gscience will be speaking at ESI London 2021
Gscience CEO, Ryan Scollan will be speaking live at ESI London 2021 located at BOXPARK Wembley.
Gscience adds Jason Cowman as Scientific Advisor
Gscience has added Physical Performance Coach Jason Cowman to the team as Scientific Advisor to assist with development of Optimal and the performance coaching academy.